Call for Panels
”A man doesn’t plant a tree for himself. He plants it for posterity.” ‒ Alexander Smith.
We invite you to help shape the future of plant health and sustainable agriculture by submitting your proposal for panel session to be included in the PHAB 2020 scientific programme.
- Panel notifications: Early March
*Note all efforts are made to send notifications by the planned date. Should there be any delays with the selection process, revised date will be posted here.
Please note the requirements for Panel submission:
- A description of the panel (max. 1,000 words).
- Panels are 90 minutes in length.
- At least 30 minutes of audience Q&A.
- Panels should be comprised of 3-5 Speakers plus a Chair or Moderator (any of the Speakers can be designated as the Chair).
- No more than two Speakers of the same nationality.
- We are aiming for gender-balanced panels. All male panels will not be accepted.
- Prior to submission, the Chair and Proposer should confirm the preliminary availability of every Speaker in their panel.
- The submission form allows you to store your panel as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your panel. Changes will not be possible to your proposed panel after it is submitted.
- Only the proposer will receive notification of the final Programme Committee decision, and he/she is responsible for communicating the result to the Chair and all other Speakers.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your panel has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same panel.
All members of the panel (speakers and the chair/moderator) must cover their individual travel and registration costs.
The cost for hosting a panel is €1,500. The proposer will be issued an invoice only after the panel has been selected.